With rising demand for PS3, manufacturers have to try their best to live up to the expectations of the world market. Although preceded by two other models, the PS and the PS2, this device is unique in its own way. It has several games and add-ons which make it very interesting to use.
Along with playing games, you can also listen to music or connect to a PSP system. Its high profile Internet and networking features make it easy to connect with friends. It also provides the advantages of viewing photos and watching movies. But there are still several features which you are not aware of and which are not listed in the manual. Let us find out some of these.
1. Regionally liberated - Unlike the PS and the PS2 which were region specific, the PS3 allows you to play titles released in any country. For example, if you have bought the device in the UK and you spot a game you want to play while visiting the US, you can do so easily. The games are not region coded. But you can`t do the same with Blu-ray movies, which are released only in certain regions and you cannot play them elsewhere.
2. Ability to reset the video - Many a times, you may have been disappointed when playing your PS3 in your friend`s house. Because of a different cable connection and resolution, the device won`t work. But, in fact, there is a way out. You can completely shutdown and restart while keeping the power button pressed down for a long time. This will take you back to the 480p graphics mode after which you can choose whether you want to view through component, RGB SCART or HDMI.
3. Checking the charge - The charge left on the pad is usually noticed on the screen while playing the games. There was no known way of checking the amount of charge left on the pad. But, this is in fact quite possible by holding down the PS button on the pad. An indicator in the form of a battery will show up indicating the amount of charge just like in any laptop. A full battery means that the pad is fully charged.
4. Download - You can take advantage of the number of game saves on the Internet. Many people play and outwit the kingpin in the different games. You can download these game saves and learn the tricks to play better. It is generally available in a PS3 folder which you can transfer to your PS3 through a USB port. You can then access your game save in the game menu. Pressing triangle will help you download this game save into your hard drive.
5. Free video calls - The accessories required are an EyeToy camera and a USB headset. You can plug them in through USB port. You can access a friend through the friend menu and then press the triangle. You can then start chatting after choosing Start new chat. If you want the video feature also, you can choose Videochat. Now you are ready to make video phone calls from PS3 to PS3. The broadband connection charges are all you will incur in this conversation.
With a host of efficient features, the PS3 is all set to capture the hearts of all the people who have a passion for playing games and want to enjoy the extra privileges of using the advantages of the Internet and wireless connectivity too.