ASUS A6 battery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASUS A6 battery

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now Empty
PostSubject: My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now   My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 3:25 pm

situations out of 10 the main reason your bike won't start is usually a result of battery condition or drop connections. A charging system failure is unlikely but is still practical.
I will talk about both ones here.
First look and your battery connections. Check for obvious and easiest to renovate problems first. A loosened connection, poor ground and many others. will likely cause intermittent operation within the starting and charging platforms. If you find a good loose connection and/or deterioration ., clean the connections which includes a wire brush.
Before re-attaching apply a little bit grease to the communicate with points. The grease helps to prevent many of the white corrosion residues creating around the battery terminals.
Make an effort to start her up at this point. You still have a condition? Go down to the mall and buying yourself a small digital multimeter. (Make sure there are both AC and DC volt capabilities, as well as a good continuity (or OHMS)function. Retrieve the battery and set it at a counter. Set your multimeter for you to DC volts. Measure the Battery voltage by just placing the red lead to the positive and the Black for the negative.
The voltage read really should be around 12. 5 volts (higher is OK) In case the voltage is less than this it may well indicate a poor solar battery. Notice I say, 'may' here because bike's charging system is likely to be at fault. In this case the battery may be OK.
Confirm that your electrolyte level in each cell in the battery is good. Add distilled water just to cell's with a decreased level. (Obviously you cannot add water towards a maintenance free battery) Charge the battery overnight which has a slow charger only. Motorcycle batteries cannot handle a simple charge. Make sure the charger only charges for a price of 2 amps or less.
Install the battery and make an effort to start her again. If she still won't go get hold of new battery and your problem might be fixed. If she starts and runs like no bodies business, then you have to see why the battery decided dead. You need to take a look the charging system.
Together with the engine running, place the multimeter leads to the battery. Rev the engine a little bit. The system voltage might rise with engine RPM. Your voltage of around 13. 5 so that you can about 14. 5 really should be displayed. If the voltage is constant and/or is carefully decreasing, or if all the voltage rises above 16. 7 volts the charging system will not be functioning.
What do one does now? You have to take a look two things. The Stator as well as Regulator. The stator brings about an AC voltage. The regulator changes this AC to DC voltage and even maintains that voltage within the proper level.
The Stator is often checked with the Ohms function on the meter. Locate and eliminate the plug for the stator for the front of the core block. You will see two to three pins inside.
Set any meter for low Ohms, plus measure the continuity approximately these pins. 5 Ohms or less is what you are looking at here. Set the meter to your highest setting. With 1 lead along with a metal part of bike search for continuity to each green. You meter should go through infinite, or no continuity. If these tests consider then your stator is fine. If there is a fault in these tests, then see your current dealer
The regulator is a easiest of all to evaluate. The regulator is created from solid state electronics and are not to be opened. Replace the regulator if any devices on the charging system checks out or should there be an overcharging situation.
On most Harley's you simply won't know if the charging system is beginning fail. The evidence shows up in case you have dim lights or this girl just won't start. There are aftermarket accessories that you may install on your bike intended to tell you the current state within the charging system.
Save yourself some dough here!! With a simple multimeter on the market from any Electronics parts store you'll be able to troubleshoot your charging program and check your battery many likely repair any trouble yourself.
Keith Nivon is undoubtedly an avid Harley Davidson Street motorcycle Enthusiast! His website contains home elevators all things Harley Davidson. http: //www. everything-harley-davidson. com is a fantastic resource for anyone which shares a passion for Harley Davidson Motorcycles. Consider http: //www. everything-harley-davidson. com for additional information.
Back to top Go down
https://asus-a6.forumotion.com

My Motorcycle Won't Start!! What Now
Page 1 of 1